Code of conduct
DUNDEE WEST FOOTBALL CLUB
CODES OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS, PARENTS & SUPPORTERS 2017
Dundee West FC fully supports the code of conducts as introduced by the Scottish FA.
· Honour the Game - Play by the Rules (Rules of the Club, Association and Laws of the Game)
· Never argue with a referee or other officials – without these people you can’t play football.
· Control your temper - verbal abuse of officials and abusing other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games.
· Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way.
· Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly and with respect.
· Co-operate with your coach, the referees and team-mates.
· Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills.
· Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
· Try your hardest when at coaching sessions or games and listen to your coach at all times. Any Misbehaviour won’t be tolerated and any misbehaviour could result in you being suspended by your coach for your games.
· Always remember that when you’re playing, at a coaching session or at a club event you are representing Dundee West which is a well respected club throughout the community, locally & nationally. Any attempt to damage the good name will result in disciplinary measures.
· It’s their Game and let the Kids Play.
· Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
· Encourage participation but don’t force it.
· Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
· Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
· Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, referees and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
· Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
· Never publicly criticise referees – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
· Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down the Club, your family and yourself if you do – many such comments are actually now illegal.
· This Code of Conduct must be adhered to by any other family member or friends that may accompany you to any Game, Coaching Session or Club event at any time. It is your responsibility that the Code of Conduct is explained to any of these people.
· Agree to ensure your child abides by the Club Rules and pays Club Membership Fees and the Team’s Monthly Tariffs.
By registering our/my child with the Dundee West FC I/we agree to abide by these principles. I/we support the Club in its undertakings and encourage the Club to take any necessary disciplinary actions where warranted of any players, parents and or spectators for repeated or serious breaches of these Codes of Conduct.